Cell Therapy Bootcamp: hPSC Biomanufacturing
A 5-day intensive course designed to provide comprehensive skills development in human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) maintenance in culture within a simulated GMP environment according to industry-focused best practices.
This hPSC Biomanufacturing Bootcamp is divided into five modules, each focusing on a critical aspect of hPSC culture:
- Introduction to hPSCs: including their discovery and potential applications.
- Thawing and seeding of hPSCs: including techniques for counting and aliquoting cells (maximizing cell viability and minimizing contamination)
- Feeding and observations: including preparation of culture media, routine monitoring of cell growth, and troubleshooting common issues
- Passaging: including techniques for expansion and subculturing (cell line stability and avoiding genetic drift)
- Harvest and cryopreservation: including techniques for dissociating cells, freezing and storing cells, and strategies for maintaining cell line integrity over time.
By the end of this course, participants will have gained a solid understanding and demonstrated practical skills necessary for successful culture and maintenance of hPSCs in a GMP environment.
Focused on job readiness:
- Co-created with key opinion leaders from industry & academia
- Scenario-based training for competency development /certification
Who would benefit
This course is ideal for pre-clinical, early and late-stage clinical cell therapy developers along with academic research groups working with hPSCs.
- Therapeutic Developers (Academia/Industry)
- Research scientists
- Cleanroom operators
- Process engineers
- Cell biologists and Technologists
- Specialists in:
- Biomanufacturing and
- process development
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Specialist
- Practical skills assessments (e.g. setting up GMP workflow)
- Proper aseptic technique training (e.g. cleaning, handling, contamination prevention strategies)
- Good documentation practices (e.g. batch record completion)
CATTI offers a first of its kind training space for advanced therapies. This 2,000 sq ft training facility, located at the University of Guelph, includes a classroom and a state-of-the-art CL2 lab equipped with the latest technologies for the production of human cell therapies.
Course delivered at:
Guelph University, OVC Building
From Monday to Friday
9:00am to 5:00pm
Courses are limited to 12 participants for maximum knowledge uptake and hands-on time. Make sure to save your spot now!
Interested in being part of one of the first cohorts or getting more information on dates and upcoming courses developed for our Guelph site?
Join the waitlist by clicking on the button below!